Welcome to Santa Fe's Identification Card Information
Santa Fe College issues identification cards to all SF students, faculty, staff, and selected invited guests.
The cards are the property of the college and should be presented or surrendered to college staff upon request. The purposes for the cards are to ensure proper identification for access to college facilities, resources, events, and activities. This site has Frequently Asked Questions about the cards.
SF ID cards should be returned to the college upon termination of the holder's relationship with the college.
To get your Santa Fe College ID card, bring a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, etc.) to the Center for Student Leadership & Activities Front Desk, located in the S Building lobby on the 1st floor. Students at the Educational Centers should visit the administrative office at the Center for ID assistance.
The SF ID Card has a magnetic strip to store information. The card serves both as an identification card and as an access card. Current uses include access to SF Fitness Center, Lawrence W. Tyree Library, and the Big Open Lab (BOL). Many instructors require presentation of an SF ID card for access to tests and quizzes.
Lost SF ID Card
Lost or damaged SF ID cards can be replaced in the Center for Student Leadership & Activities, Building S, 1st floor lobby. Bring a current government issue photo ID card (driver's license or military ID) and proof of student status (class schedule or fee slip). Replacements for lost or damaged cards are $10.
SF ID cards lost on campus should be returned to the Center for Student Leadership & Activities. Please check here first to see if your card was returned.
Location & Hours
ID Card Services is located on the Northwest Campus in The Center for Student Leadership and Activities, S Building, 1st Floor Lobby
Identification Card Services
Center for Student Leadership and Activities
S Bldg, 1st Floor Lobby
3000 NW 83rd Street Gainesville, FL 32606
Mon - Thurs: 8 AM - 8 PM
Fri: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
*The Center closes at 4:30 PM on days the college is open but classes are not in session.
Frequent Asked Questions About ID Cards
Who needs an SF ID card?
Why do I need an SF ID card?
Where do I get an SF ID card?
Is there a cost for SF ID cards?
How long does it take to get an SF ID card?
What do I bring with me to get an SF ID card?
Can I have two ID cards at one time?
Do I need a new ID each semester?
I heard ID cards work as bus passes. Is that true?
- Who needs an SF ID card?
- All students, faculty, and staff at the college. Also participants in some special programs and St. Leo’s students that take classes on the Santa Fe campus. Back to top
- Why do I need a SF ID card?
- SF ID cards provide proof of your status as a student or staff member at the college. This status allows you access to resources on campus like the library, fitness center, and computer labs. Often instructors and/or test proctors will require a SF ID for individuals taking exams. Many businesses in Gainesville give discounts to individuals with SF ID cards. Back to top
- Where do I get an SF ID card?
- In S Building, 1st Floor Lobby between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM on Mondays through Thursdays and from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM on Fridays when classes are in session. Back to top
- Is there a cost for SF ID cards?
- Not usually. Student activity and service fees (A&S fees) pay for a student's first card. Human Resources pays for staff members first card. Replacements for lost or damaged cards cost $10. Back to top
- How long does it take to get a SF ID card?
- Making an ID card takes about 5 minutes. By getting your ID card as soon as you register for classes you can greatly reduce your wait time. Coming in before 9:00 AM or after 4:00 PM will also ensure a minumum wait time. Waiting until the first week of classes can result in a wait of an hour or longer. Back to top
- What do I bring with me to get a SF ID card?
- You will need a government-issued photo ID (Driver's License, Military ID, Passport, or State Issued ID). Back to top
- Can I have two ID cards at one time?
- No. When a duplicate card is made, the magnetic strip on the first card gets voided, so it will not work at any of the locations that use card readers, including the Library, Fitness Center, Student Health Care Center. Back to top
- Do I need a new ID each semester?
- No. Student ID cards do not have an expiration date and are valid as long as students are enrolled in classes. ID cards only need to be replaced if lost or broken. Replacement cards cost $10. Back to top
- I heard ID cards work as bus passes. Is that true?
- Yes! Santa Fe College students and employees may ride standard RTS buses for free system-wide when showing a current Santa Fe College ID. For information on RTS routes servicing Santa Fe College and the City of Gainesville, visit www.go-rts.com. Back to top