Registration is one of the few services used repeatedly by Santa Fe College students throughout their educational experience. As a primary non-classroom contact between the institution and its students, it is a key element in the overall educational process. Successful registration requires cooperation and advanced planning on the part of faculty, administration, academic advisors, and students.
How to Register
Note: You will be able to register on or after your registration date. Please sign in to eSantaFe to view your registration date. Assigned registration dates are given approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of registration.
Sign in to eSantaFe
- Login to eSantaFe by entering your Student ID and Password
To register for classes
- Click on the "Advisement" tab in eSantaFe, then "Degree Audit", then “Degree Audit Detail” to review your degree requirements.
**You MUST view your Degree Audit Detail each semester before you will be allowed to register for classes.**
- Click the "My Classes" link in the menu bar then "Register Classes"
- Select term to register for if not automatically indicated (ex. Fall, Fall A/B…)
- Type in the course number in the Enter a Course Number box
- Select Show ALL Sections at the top right of screen
- Select campus location and restrict days and times (only if necessary)
- Click Search Courses
- Click on name of class to view description, prerequisites, and fees
- **IMPORTANT: pay close attention to all notes associated with specific sections
- Click the REGISTER button for the section of the class desired. If REGISTER buttons are not visible, your registration is not activated or the class is full. Read the error message(s) if applicable, and view the My Status screen, located under the "Advisement" tab in your eSantaFe account for more information
- Option: Click the "Notify Me" button if the section of the class you desire is full, this will put you on a waiting list for that class. Be sure to check your notifications regularly, as you will be notified via a notification sent to your eSantaFe account when a seat opens.
Once registration is complete, your classes will show on the My Schedule screen. You are responsible for those classes and required to pay any fees associated with those classes on or before the due date designated on the My Schedule screen.
To view your schedule and see payment options:
- In eSantaFe, click on "My Classes" and then choose "My Schedule".
- To see payment options, click on the "Finances" link in your eSantaFe account then "View and Pay Fees".
**Fees must be paid by the designated deadline as identified on the "My Schedule" screen. Failure to pay fees by the fee DUE DATE will result in some or all of your classes being dropped.