Library Research Award
- 1st Place: Carina Dybevick, "The Reality of War Through Poetry" (ENL2022, Dickson)
- 2nd Place: Robin Kaczmarek, "Titration of Autographa californica Baculovirus in Spodoptera frugiperda 9 Insect Cells using End-Point Dilution and Plaque Assay Methods " (BSC4422C, Maruniak)
- 3rd Place: Jacquelin Mayne, "Climate Change is Coming: Game of Thrones as an Allegory for the Anthropocene" (ENC1102, Small)
The Library Research Award recognizes exemplary research and information literacy skills of Santa Fe College students, based on the use of library materials and resources to identify and utilize references in a research paper. This award is a joint project between the Research in Undergraduate Education (RUE) Workgroup and the Lawrence W. Tyree Library.
Any currently enrolled or former Santa Fe College student may submit an application. Eligible papers must be completed as part of a Santa Fe College credit course during the Summer 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 term. Papers will be evaluated for information literacy and content according to the Evaluation Rubric; papers must have at least 70 points to be considered for an award.
2017 Application Deadline: April 12.
The following awards will be given:
- First place: $125
- Second place: $75
- Third place: $50
This year's award was made possible by generous donations from President Jackson Sasser and Dr. Lawrence W. Tyree.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the Spring 2016, Summer 2016, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters.
Each application packet must include the following. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
- The completed application form.
- A reflective questionnaire describing the student's research strategies, use of library materials, and a reflection on the student's research experience.
- The final version of the paper, including a bibliography/works cited/references list (even if this was not required for the original assignment).
- A completed Statement of Support Form from the faculty member who assigned the paper.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct any questions to: