Citations 101: APA
APA Style is from the American Psychological Association. It is commonly used in the fields of social sciences and health.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (BF76.7 .P83 2010, 2nd and 3rd Floors) - The official handbook for APA citations and documentation.
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References - official companion to the Publication Manual, available online for all Santa Fe students, staff, and faculty.
- APA Style - official website
- APA Style Blog - official blog answering questions about APA
- The Basics of APA Style Tutorial
- Concise Rules of APA Style (BF76.7 .C66 2010, 2nd and 3rd Floors)
- Santa Fe APA Research Guide - contains many examples of formatting papers and references
- Annotated Bibliography Samples (OWL at Purdue)
- APA Exposed Online Tutorial
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (OWL at Purdue)
- APA The Easy Way (REF BF76.7 .H68 2009, 2nd Floor)
- How to Prepare a Research Article in APA Style (BF76.7 .S66 2010, 3rd Floor)
- Pocket Guide to APA Style (REF BF76.7 .P47 2009, 2nd Floor)
APA only capitalizes the first letters of the first word of the title and subtitle and any proper nouns. Title of journals, however, remain in Title Case.
- Example Book Title: The history of history: A novel of Berlin
- Example Journal Title: Journal of the Scientific Study of Religion
APA only lists the first (and middle, if available) initials of the author.
- Smith, J. C.