Title VIA: Open the Doors to Asia
Santa Fe College has received a two-year Department of Education Undergraduate International Studies and Foreign Languages (UISFL) grant to internationalize the College by expanding course offerings and increasing awareness in Chinese and Asian area studies.
Specifically the grant will:
- Support the creation of five new general education courses and the revision of the 15 existing courses to enhance Asian elements in the curriculum.
- Add Chinese 3 and 4 to our existing Chinese language sequence.
- Increase SF faculty, administrative, and staff knowledge of Asia through a professional development workshop series.
- Increase exposure of Asian society and culture through an international lecture series
- Double the capacity of SF’s study abroad program in China and create a study abroad program in India
- Support outreach efforts to first-generation students, underrepresented students, low income students, and students from career programs, sciences, technology, and math.
- Promote K-12 in service professional development through Asian-related workshops for area teachers.
Faculty Application Forms