Applications can be submitted via fax (352-395-7384), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), postal service (must be post marked by closing date), and in-person (address and location). Please complete the application, print it and send or fax it to the Human Resources Office by the application deadline. A new application packet is required for each position.
Coordinator, Financial Aid - Technical
Salary range: Starting salary is $45,966 - $55,159 based on applicable steps or subject to promotional increase for internal applicants as per the Salary Schedule (http://www.sfcollege.edu/hr/). Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida. Pay Grade E
Department: Financial Aidn
Position Type: Full-time
Position Classification: A&P
Position Location: Northwest Campus
Closing Date: 2016-02-16 23:59:00
The college is seeking a forward thinking individual who is aware of or able to research current trends and technology in the field, and who possesses a passion for supporting the unique functions of financial aid in a State college. This person must be analytical, accurate, detail-oriented, self-directed and able to envision and communicate process improvements while upholding service excellence principles of being professional, courteous, accessible and informative.
The Financial Aid Office is a dynamic, high-performance environment which plays an essential role in the college’s mission. The Technical Coordinator provides assistance to the Director in all aspects and areas of technology in financial aid, and coordinates with the Financial Aid Associate Director, Accountant, Client Services Coordinator and the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department in order to ensure compliant, student-centered processing of financial aid.
Responsibilities and duties may include:
- Analyze existing workflow as well as new federal regulations, state statutes and institutional initiatives to recommend, implement and communicate programming changes.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director to ensure that all programming changes recommended to the Director are aligned with existing, updated or new policies and procedures.
- Serve as an analyst to coordinate with Information Technology Services (ITS) frequently, and assist with the development of the financial aid module of the student integrated database (eStaff) and the student portal (eSantaFe).
- Monitor the performance of information systems and office processes, and recommend needed changes or improvements.
- Thoroughly test system development changes prior to implementation.
- Expand and maintain the financial aid reference manual to document workflow, and coordinate with the Associate Director to maintain the financial aid policy and procedure manuals.
- Coordinate with the Financial Aid Accountant, Institutional Research Office and Information Technology Services Department for all required federal and state reporting.
- Perform data analysis and request queries to prepare departmental reports, including monthly statistics reports to assess effectiveness of current practices and procedures, and ensure continued efficiencies in the processing of financial aid.
- Assist the Director with data and supporting documentation for audit inquiries or program reviews.
- Liaison with the Financial Aid Client Services Coordinator to ensure necessary programming and updates for improved service to students.
- Provide technical assistance, training and resources to financial aid staff on Microsoft Office Suite and other software programs.
- Provide training to Financial Aid staff and other Academic, Administrative and Student Affairs constituents on system programming and development changes, as needed.
- Provide summary information necessary for the Director to represent the Financial Aid Office in meetings with IT and on committees related to technical development of eStaff and eSantaFe; or represent the Director at such meetings.
- Serve as a Destination Point Administrator for the Federal Student Aid and Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance sites, and ensure staff is complying with the responsibilities and requirements associated with those credentials. Update, maintain, and continually monitor security for all staff on eStaff.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related work experience is required. A Master’s degree may be considered in place of experience. A Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification, and/or recognized relevant IT certifications are preferred, and may be considered in place of work experience. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff. Also required is the ability to multitask, independently prioritize functions and responsibilities, and be able to process information with a high level of accuracy. The ability to interpret and apply rules, policies, statutes and guidelines is required, and should be clearly indicated on submitted application materials. Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and the capability to perform data analysis is also required. The candidate must meet the requirements to obtain approval for access to U.S. Department of Education financial aid sites. Financial Aid experience is preferred. Microsoft Office application coursework and/or related training certificates are also preferred. A criminal background check will be conducted.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a SF application, letter of intent, updated resume, one current letter of recommendation and college transcripts. A SF application may be requested or accessed via the SF Human Resources website. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for review purposes only. Candidates should be aware that official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made. All information must be submitted to the Human Resources office, Santa Fe College, by the application deadline.
Position Status: Archive