Trying to Use Financial Aid at the Bookstore?
What you CAN charge:
What you CAN'T charge:
Financial Aid Recipient Book Charging
Financial Aid recipients may charge books and supplies at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore (B&N) located at Santa Fe College. Financial aid recipients may charge books according to the dates listed below for each semester. In general, the last day to charge books is the last day to drop with a refund.
|Term||Book Charging Begins||Book Charging Ends|
|2016 Summer B||6/16/2016||7/1/2016|
|Summer/Summer A/Summer D||4/19/2017||5/12/2017|
Recipients may also order online. Please view the Web site for details: santafe.bncollege.com/.
Who is Eligible?
If you have been awarded for the current term and you are enrolled in courses, you may be able to charge the cost of your books against your financial aid. Please click on e-SantaFe https://ss2.sfcollege.edu/eSantaFe to view the status of your financial aid award.
The following guidelines apply to charging your books:
- You must be registered for classes in the current term
- You must have enough financial aid awarded to cover your outstanding financial obligations to the college (tuition, etc.) and have enough remaining to cover the cost of your books.
- Please click on http://santafecc.bkstore.com/bkstore for bookstore hours of operation
- You will receive a Notification on your eSantaFe account when the available charge information is sent to Barnes and Noble; it takes approximately 2 hours for B&N to upload that information to their system. You may go directly to the Bookstore for assistance – there is generally no need to visit the Financial Aid Office first
- You must have a valid photo ID
- Your book charges will automatically be deducted from your financial aid award
*When charging books, you are responsible for payment of the books. If, for any reason, you do not receive financial aid, any unpaid bookstore charge owed to the college is subject to being turned over to outside collection agencies and the Credit Bureau. Additional collection costs owed to the collection agencies are your responsibility.
Authorization of Charges
Students must submit a one-time authorization to have Santa Fe College deduct payments from Financial Aid for all non-tuition and fee charges. This includes books and supplies charged at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore at Santa Fe. Financial Aid recipients will be prompted on eSantaFe to authorize their book charges. Students may also find this on eSantaFe by going to the “My Financial Aid” menu and selecting “Authorizations”. Students are not required to submit the authorization. However, if they do not submit one, they will not be eligible to charge towards their Financial Aid at the Bookstore. The authorization will remain in effect for the duration of the students’ enrollment at Santa Fe. Once a student has authorized charging, if a student wishes to unselect financial aid charging, they must do so in person at the Financial Aid Office in R-122
Approved Items to Charge
Students will be limited to only charging textbooks and required materials against their financial aid. There are limitations to what is allowed to be charged. Allowable items include textbooks, rental of textbooks, supplies, and required digital materials. Students will not be permitted to charge non-essential items including, but not limited to, clothing, food, drinks, and convenience items.