An Educator Preparation Institute is a State of Florida approved alternative certification program specifically designed for non-education major baccalaureate degree holders.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least a 2.5 GPA. Applicants must be able to provide official transcripts as evidence of the degree.
- Have the knowledge and academic background to teach in the selected subject area. Applicants should visit the Florida Department of Education website to check the competencies and skills required for the selected subject area.
- Be able to demonstrate a clear disposition to teach.
- Be able to pass the school district (Level 2) background check.
- Be able to perform required field experience during the school day.
- Pass the Subject Area Exam and General Knowledge Test prior to entering the program.
- Pass the Professional Education Test prior to earning the professional certificate.