Santa Fe is moving all websites to Percussion, including faculty web pages. Creating and maintaining a faculty website with Percussion is much easier because you don’t have to know how to FTP or write HTML!
A template will allow you to easily “fill-in-the-blanks” with your information. In addition, you can link to other pages, such as a syllabus. The basics are easy and Communication and Creative Services (CCS) has created the video tutorials and step-by-step directions below to guide you. In addition, CT3 is offering Faculty Webpages in Percussion workshops.
ALL faculty are eligible to create a new faculty webpage, but you will have to request an account first.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to the CCS webpage to request an account: http://www.sfcollege.edu/ccs/project-requests/faculty-web-page/index
- You’ll be asked to provide your name, phone, email, department, and office location.
- You will also have an opportunity to upload a professional photo of yourself. If you provide a good photo, the CCS staff will add it to your faculty page at the time they create your account. If you do not have a photo, don’t worry, you can upload one to your page later.
- CCS will create your account, plus two folders in Percussion, one for your webpage and one for assets (this is where your images and other documents will be stored).
- Learn on your own by following the step-by-step directions for using Percussion, how to upload assets and watching the video tutorials below.
- Take a workshop to learn how to use the basic template and create additional pages. You can register here: https://apps.sfcollege.edu/profdev/login.php.
Note that old faculty webpages will disappear at some point, so you must create a new one. You may copy and paste your old content into the new page by accessing the old pages here:http://www.sfcollege.edu/instructors/index.old.php.
If you have any questions, please contact Gloria Kersh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use Percussion:
To upload Assets: