2017 College For Kids (CFK) Program
College For Kids (CFK) at Santa Fe College (SF) is a fun, learning-filled summer experience for children who are 10-14 years of age and rising 5th-9th grade students. Use the section numbers provided in the course grid to create your schedule. When registering, carefully choose the correct dates, times and course numbers for each section. Choose 6 classes for a full day. Choose 3 classes for a 1/2 day (3 morning or 3 afternoon sessions). All lab fees are included in course pricing. No single class registrations allowed. College For Kids reserves the right to add or delete specific courses based on enrollment.
College For Kids is held at SF's NW Campus. The CFK office is located in Building HA, Room 123 and is open only during the CFK program: 7/10 — 8/3.
Pay with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express either online or by phone. Pay with credit card, cash or check if you register in the office. Students will register for each class and t-shirts using course numbers. Here's how to register:
Be sure to check the CFK Course Grid to see if the class you want is FULL before you register!
2. Call (352) 395-5193, or
3. Drop by our office at SF-CIED, 530 W. University Avenue. Hours are 8 a.m. — 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Registration deadlines - Session 1: June 29 | Session II: July 13
- Full day - $348 (includes lab fees and T-shirts)
- Half day - $174 (includes lab fees and T-shirts)
- Full lunch (8 meals) - $50
SF will be in session during CFK and all CFK students are required to follow the rules expected of SF students. The student will participate in class, act in a disciplined manner, and follow faculty instructions. A contract of understanding will be signed by the student and parent/guardian. One infraction will generate a warning. At the second infraction, the student will be expelled from the CFK program, without a refund.
A lunch option has been created just for College For Kids. Students with the lunch option choose from Subway or Dominos. The cost for this lunch option is $50 per session. Students may bring lunch and a drink or purchase a drink from the vending machines. Students attending half-day sessions and stay during the lunch period pay an extra $25 for supervision. Please be sure to add the lunch option with the correct section number.
6" Ham, ColdCut Trio, Veggie, Meatball, or BLT, 21 oz. fountain drink and a bag of chips or two (2) cookies, or 6" Turkey and Ham and a 21 oz. drink (no chips or cookies).
Oven baked sandwich, or cheesy bread & small drink, or cheese pizza & small drink, or pepperoni & small drink.
Student Handbook, Orientation, T-shirts
- Students will receive their student handbook and forms in the mail in mid June.
- Orientation is for NEW students and parents.
- Orientation is June 24 in Building E-Auditorium at 10 a.m.
- Three (3) T-shirts will be given to each student and must be worn every day for safety and identification purposes.
- T-shirts may be picked up at orientation on June 24 or from June 26 to June 28 in HA-123 between the hours of 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. Additional T-shirts are available for $8 each.
Parents or legal guardians are responsible for student transportation to and from the NW campus.
Morning drop-off and afternoon only campers—in front of S Building
- Students may be dropped off beginning at 7:45 a.m. and must arrive by 8 a.m.
- Morning only students must be picked up by 12:30 p.m.
- Afternoon only students must arrive no later than 1 p.m.
End of day pickup—in front of H Building
- Due to safety concerns, parents must park their cars in lot outside of H building and walk up to pick up area to get their children.
- Cars will not be allowed to line up and wait for their child's dismissal.
- All students must be picked up by no later than 5:45 p.m. For students picked up after 5:45 p.m., there will be a $15 charge assessed.