If you are a currently enrolled Santa Fe student and wish to take a course(s) at a different institution for one semester, you should complete a Transient Student Admission Application form online at . Please read the following guidelines before submitting a request:
- Please allow 5-7 business days for your online form to be processed.
- Before you complete this form, please contact the school you wish to take courses at to find out if you need to submit an application and/or additional materials first and to find out if the courses you wish to take there are being offered.
- It is helpful if you include a comment in the Student Comments section of the online form to clarify what you are trying to do, especially if you already have an approved request and are submitting an additional request because your plans have changed.
- Transient status is only granted for one term in a row.
- If you decide to cancel your transient request after an advisor has approved it, please notify the advisor of your intent to cancel the request.
- Students taking developmental education classes: If you are attempting to be a transient student at a different institution please note that you CANNOT be enrolled in any additional classes at any other institution at the same time.
To be eligible to do transient work, you must be able to answer “yes” to each item below:
- I have completed at least one semester at Santa Fe.
- I have a 2.0 SF GPA or higher.
- I am a degree seeking student at Santa Fe College, and will still be degree seeking during my transient term.
- I wish to take courses that are needed for my SF degree, and plan on transferring those courses back to SF so they can count for my SF degree.
- I am eligible to register for courses at SF (no registration holds).
- I am not registered for the same course(s) at SF for which I am submitting a transient request.
- I meet Santa Fe pre-requisites for the course(s) I wish to take at the other institution.
- I understand that if I register for a course not approved by Santa Fe College I assume full risk of the possibility that the course(s) may not transfer back to Santa Fe College.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to provide Santa Fe College with an official transcript upon completion of the term at the other institution.
- I realize that to earn an AA degree from Santa Fe College I must earn a minimum 2.0 GPA on coursework taken at SF, and that courses taken as a transient student will not calculate in my SF GPA.
- I understand that if my final grades for the current term place me on academic suspension for the term in which I applied to be a transient student, the transient approval becomes null and void.
- I understand that I must complete 25% of my degree requirements at Santa Fe to be eligible to graduate from Santa Fe.
If you have any additional questions about transient work, please discuss them with an academic advisor.
- Go to https://www.floridashines.org/
- Select Succeed in College
- Select Take A Course At Another School
- Read instructions, select Start of check the status of your Transient Student Admission Application now
- Select (Santa Fe College) as home institution
- Enter SF student ID number
- Enter SF pin/password
- Select Submit
- Fill out the on-line form (please complete the entire form providing all of the information that is requested)
- Read the entire acknowledgment clause
- Submit electronic signature
- Select Send
- Students on financial aid must check with the Financial Aid Office regarding their eligibility
You should receive confirmation by email when your Transient Student Admissions Application has been processed by Santa Fe College and forwarded to your transient institution.
If your transient institution is not listed on FloridaShines (typically applies to out of state and private institutions), please fill out a Paper Transient Form.